Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Taz freak out

mhardy12

Savannah Super Cat
So a couple of days ago, Taz got startled really bad. He totally freaked out - jumped real high and furr standing on end. Since then he's been totally skittish, scared of everything. I've put him in the laundry room because he was basically staying under the dining room table, he wouldn't eat or go down to pee. Any suggestions on how to chill him out? I tried vanilla on the nose which I saw on another thread. Really didn't help. I'm thinking keep him in the laundry room until he's chilled out in there, the gradually let him into the rest of the house. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

mhardy12

Savannah Super Cat
He was looking out the screen door in the basement and my husband ran by outside. Taz wasn't expecting it and totally lost it. Wasn't intentional, but he was scared out of his mind. Hopefully he'll calm down eventually and get back to the crazy fun cat we know and love.

admin

Paige
Staff member
He was looking out the screen door in the basement and my husband ran by outside. Taz wasn't expecting it and totally lost it. Wasn't intentional, but he was scared out of his mind. Hopefully he'll calm down eventually and get back to the crazy fun cat we know and love.

I'm sure he will...just give him a little bit of time...see how it goes over the next couple of days...others might have better suggestions...

Trish Allearz

Oooh, poor Taz. If he's more mellow in one room, I might let him chill there for a bit before taking him back out to the rest of the house. Silly cat!