Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

What is Your Savannah Cat's Name and Why

HybridLover

Savannah Super Cat
Great thread! I love everyone's rational for their choice of name! :)

I had two names chosen before his arrival, one being Alibi (thinking he would be in constant need of one) :p and the second being Boujié. Boujié is a slang term based on a French word. I ultimately went with choice two because he truly is as Boujié as they come in attitude. Below is the urban dictionary definition (which is the one I prefer in reference to him)

Boujié-
Of or pertaining to someone who is not only pretentious but believes themselves to be financially and physically superior. Those who succumb to elitist ideals.

The name Boujié started out as running joke between myself and my significant other- this was based on the price tag attached to the kitten lol!

Turns out he is beyond Boujié, his gate is very powerful, he prances around chest out, head and nose up! He is picky eater and everything belongs to him including anything I bring home... Selfentitledment is kinda his thing but I adore all of these traits in him... He's the king of the castle and displays it at every opportunity! :)

DocMac

Site Supporter
We let our grandchildren name the kittens (lots of Pokemon references,lol) our own Savannahs are Senna, after a F1 racer. The others came already named.

....where the wild things are.

SavannahDan

Savannah Kitten
Our F3C girl will arrive in September and we finally have a name for her. She is described as being sweet, but independent, and having just watched "To Kill a Mockingbird", the description matched the young girl in the movie named..... Scout. (y)

dice

Site Supporter
Named several of my cats after Star Trek characters. Named my domestic Isis, after Gary Sevens partner, and Spontaneity, after Commander Data's Cat Spot. Sampson, well, what can I say, he's big and strong.!!! My F2 boy Rufio, I picked his name before he was born, thinking the Pan's right hand man would be a purrfect name for him, so of course once it came to be that son Rufio, had a sister, well, her name could only be, Miss TinkerBell.

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
Trish Allearzz had kittens born on Christmas Day and was calling one of them Strawberry. My maiden name is Berry. I felt it was meant to be. So I bought her. Since she was born on Christmas Day, I decided to call her Holly. Since my husband has given all of our pets a middle name, she became Holly Berry. Sue