Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

What is Savannah Cat Chat and Why are We Here?

admin

Paige
Staff member
In light of recent posts about SBT and show cats and SE or A1, etc., I felt it necessary to reiterate why this forum is in existence...

I created this forum for everyone - breeders/owners/enthusiasts - I wanted everyone to feel as though they had a home here, a place to go to talk about their savannah cats, post photos and videos and have fun...and yes, I expected some serious issues would arise, but that happens and we deal with them amd move on.

Lately I have noticed a trend here and I'm not happy with it, so we need to all go back to why we are here in the first place...

This forum is not about SBT kittens or cats, show quality cats or cats that adhere to the breed standard...it is about savannah cats...marble, cinnamon-spotted, blue-spotted or purple-spotted...BST's, melanistics...F1's, F2's, down to F7's...yes, I raise SBT's - that is what I chose to focus on...but it does NOT mean I think I am better than any other breeder or my cats are better than any others...I don't think any breeder here thinks they are better than another, but sometimes in our passion, it may appear that way...

I do not want anyone here to feel badly about their choice of savannah cat...that is NOT what we are here for...we love to see all your photos and it does not matter what generation or what cross your savannah is...nor does it matter who your breeder is...

We are all human and sometimes make offhand remarks or say things we should not have or did not mean...I am sometimes guilty of that and am not too proud to admit it. And if you didn't think YOUR savannah cat was the most gorgeous cat on earth, now that would be a crime ;)

I want everyone to take a step back and remember why we are here please...I got carried away on the F1 Bengal thread and apologize for that...but guys, please don't take everything so personally either...we are all here for the same reason, we all make foopahs every now and then, so let's cut each other some slack and lighten up a bit.

Paige

ambiente18

Site Supporter
In light of recent posts about SBT and show cats and SE or A1, etc., I felt it necessary to reiterate why this forum is in existence...

I created this forum for everyone - breeders/owners/enthusiasts - I wanted everyone to feel as though they had a home here, a place to go to talk about their savannah cats, post photos and videos and have fun...and yes, I expected some serious issues would arise, but that happens and we deal with them amd move on.

Lately I have noticed a trend here and I'm not happy with it, so we need to all go back to why we are here in the first place...

This forum is not about SBT kittens or cats, show quality cats or cats that adhere to the breed standard...it is about savannah cats...marble, cinnamon-spotted, blue-spotted or purple-spotted...BST's, melanistics...F1's, F2's, down to F7's...yes, I raise SBT's - that is what I chose to focus on...but it does NOT mean I think I am better than any other breeder or my cats are better than any others...I don't think any breeder here thinks they are better than another, but sometimes in our passion, it may appear that way...

I do not want anyone here to feel badly about their choice of savannah cat...that is NOT what we are here for...we love to see all your photos and it does not matter what generation or what cross your savannah is...nor does it matter who your breeder is...

We are all human and sometimes make offhand remarks or say things we should not have or did not mean...I am sometimes guilty of that and am not too proud to admit it. And if you didn't think YOUR savannah cat was the most gorgeous cat on earth, now that would be a crime ;)

I want everyone to take a step back and remember why we are here please...I got carried away on the F1 Bengal thread and apologize for that...but guys, please don't take everything so personally either...we are all here for the same reason, we all make foopahs every now and then, so let's cut each other some slack and lighten up a bit.

Paige
I agree with you Paige, 100% agree ...Greet post:up: Thank you that you are...