Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

There goes his one safe haven...

django

Savannah Super Cat
So our 3 year old Bengal hangs out on the way top of the kitchen cabinets to get away from everyone. He wasn't able to figure out how to do this until about a year ago. Our 1.5 year old flame point, still can't figure it out.

Then comes along Django (4.5 months old) , who constantly harasses, and pounces his new brothers until he passes out from boredom. Our Bengal escapes to his "safe haven" above the cabinets only to be pursued and followed by Django. The little dude was able to get up there at only 4 months old. I feel bad for Freddy our Bengal, now no place is safe for him to go. I literally had to lock him out of the bedroom last night because he would not stop pouncing on Frederick and he finally got fed up with growling and hissing (which Django completely ignores by the way) until he actually got a bit aggressive with him (which he continued to ignore). Luckily Django cant open the bedroom door yet, but I see him watch Frederick do it and once he gets a couple inches taller there will be no rest for the wicked!!

Treywi

April
We have 2 Bengals and then Triton our SV. Bailey our female Bengal knows of this torment. She is the smallest of the three cats plus being shy and stand offish so takes more punishment from our SV then the male Bengal Chase does. She definitely tells him she is unhappy with it hissing and screaming at him but he just doesn't get it through his stubborn head to leave her alone. We even upped our playtime with Triton to help drain more energy but he still bullies her at times. If we are near we can see his preemptive strike and distract him, but if busy in another part of the house we just hear the screaming then I have to holler and then put him in a separate room for a bit. And yep, there is no safe place in the house from Triton. We are hoping more shelves around the house making up a raceway of sorts might help, but we will see. lol If only Triton would run on the cat wheel like the Bengals do. :not sure:

admin

Paige
Staff member
We have 2 Bengals and then Triton our SV. Bailey our female Bengal knows of this torment. She is the smallest of the three cats plus being shy and stand offish so takes more punishment from our SV then the male Bengal Chase does. She definitely tells him she is unhappy with it hissing and screaming at him but he just doesn't get it through his stubborn head to leave her alone. We even upped our playtime with Triton to help drain more energy but he still bullies her at times. If we are near we can see his preemptive strike and distract him, but if busy in another part of the house we just hear the screaming then I have to holler and then put him in a separate room for a bit. And yep, there is no safe place in the house from Triton. We are hoping more shelves around the house making up a raceway of sorts might help, but we will see. lol If only Triton would run on the cat wheel like the Bengals do. :not sure:

Do you have a cat wheel for Triton to run on?

Treywi

April
We just have the one cat wheel. But try as I might I just can't get him to run on it. Even with treats (and he loves food) he will not get on it, and if placed will jump right off. Been trying since he first got home and it's a no go. Stubborn kitty he is. hehe But the Bengals love it and run on it lots.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Some cats just won't run on a cat wheel. Zuri started when she was a kitten...so did Cinny and ixas...Taj won't run on it and he was about 2 when i got the first wheel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ZKWC

Savannah Kitten
my ollie is doing this to our Bombay. he's 6 months old and as tall and longer than him now. i started putting his harness on when he does this to our other cat and it totally calms him down and he stops the harassing. i leave it on for about 1/2 hour (while watching him to make sure he doesn't get caught on anything) and take it off again and he chills. i'm still not sure if my ollie is bengal, savannah or mau, but he's displaying these traits. maybe you can see if that works for you.

John Popp

Site Supporter
Our all white DSH finally unleashed on Chongo and it ended the days of Chongo the dominator for good. He finally got it in his head when enough is enough. Not that Chongo still isn't the Alpha cat or that they don't get into it, just that Chongo knows there is a line that he shouldn't cross. It put an end to the occasional death shrills when Chongo was playing and the other cat has had enough. Of course round two happens in a few weeks as they'll have a new SV to educate.