Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Tails

Luke Rawlings

Savannah Super Cat
lol, I feel like I have the most random questions and posts, but oh well. I was looking up the largest savannah the other day and saw that the owners also owned a cat with the longest tail. 17 inches I believe. It wasn’t a savannah, but it made me start to think about how long Archers tail is. So I measured it, and at less than a year old it measures out at 15 inches....
Is this normal? He’s a decent size F3, but nothing abnormally large.

Not the best pictures in the world, but Best I could do. Lol

Also, it’s been a couple of weeks since I read about them, but the owners of those particular kitties had a fire in their home and the cats are lost. If they haven’t found them, I pray they do.

Attachments

• 393B493C-4BA1-4954-970F-AFA24F00B29C.jpeg
    393B493C-4BA1-4954-970F-AFA24F00B29C.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 19
  • 868DE84A-5AB2-4A90-9D63-B51B6BE0848D.jpeg
    868DE84A-5AB2-4A90-9D63-B51B6BE0848D.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 19

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
Unfortunately both of those kitties were confirmed to have perished in the fire.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Oh no. I was hoping that Arcturus and Cygnus would somehow be found. How did you hear that they had perished?
Nevermind, I just found the report. I am devastated. I really hoped against hope that they would be found and returned.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Savannah tails are supposed to be short (not touch the ground when the cat is standing) so long tails on Savannahs usually come from the outcrosses used in its background.