Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Savannah cat breed standard

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
I loved the PowerPoint presentation. If possible, I think it needs to be posted in a significant place as breed standard and not buried in a thread that many could miss. Sue

admin

Paige
Staff member
I loved the PowerPoint presentation. If possible, I think it needs to be posted in a significant place as breed standard and not buried in a thread that many could miss. Sue

@Sue - it already is...look at the sticky topics and you will see it - The Magnificent Savannah Cat!

NikkiA

Site Supporter
Our 2 kittens were very different from SE, Chongo our first and 1/2 brothers of RDs Rascal and Mayhem very much look to have bengal in them. Darker, deeper spots, a more golden coat and a definitely long body. Where they are off on the breed standard, some evidence of rosettes, longer tail, shorter legs and ears than ideal. Just the same, stunning cats, well socialized when they are sent to there forever homes and from my view their kittens seemed to align with their competitors kittens a generation higher, meaning an SE F3 tended to look like their competitors F2.

Monte our other SE Savannah was much more in line with the breed standard although he was a melanistic. At times I personally thought he just looked silly as a kitten, the eye shape had the boomerang which I always thought made him look like the cartoon character gumballhead, his ears were very large, his tail only made it half way to the ground and his legs were so long they actually made his body look compact. Monte was very much a product of the next generation of the SE breeding program and definitely in line with the breed standards from one end to the other. Oh and what I could see of his spots when he was younger, no rosetting, no marbling or overlap and just a great kitten with the personality to match.

They were very nice Boys John, that is for sure!

kittykitty

Savannah Super Cat
Some updates on Elmo:

He is growing so fast! It literally looks like he grows over night. He is almost 5 months old now, so I am sure he will continue to grow like a little weed! He is about 6 pounds now. His legs are getting so long! Here are some more up to date pictures!
ymere6e7.jpg
ataje6ag.jpg
rypybahu.jpg
6abu2y8u.jpg
huneqa5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
What an adorable kitty! I'm sure you're right - he will keep growing for long time... :up: