Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

RAW MILK Farmer in PA Busted

Per Lausund

Staff member
What on earth´s wrong with pasteurized milk? The only effect flash heating to 62-68 degrees C has is kill the bugs you don´t want: Brucella abortus or melitensis, tuberculosis, dangerous E coli etc. Pasteurization was, next to proper sewers, the best thing ever happened to public health. Homogenization is another matter...
I believe you in certain countries in Europe are allowed to make cheese from non-pasteurized milk provided the farm abides with certain regulations and standards wrt hygiene and health controls of animals and farmers.

Rylie

Diorcats
It is so frustrating to be stripped of our inherent right as individuals to make informed decisions for ourselves and family!! It is infuriating that the government thinks it can make better decisions for my family than I can! That it literally goes so far as to tell me what I can and cannot put into my OWN body! I tell you, as Trish pointed out, BANNING raw milk is only going to boost the black market. I'd rather buy it on the black market anyway... WITHOUT TAX.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Well...pasteurized milk also kills a lot of good bacteria...I cannot drink pasteurized milk but I can drink raw milk...it kills all the good enzymes in raw milk...and I don't want the government telling me what I can and cannot drink...

admin

Paige
Staff member
It is so frustrating to be stripped of our inherent right as individuals to make informed decisions for ourselves and family!! It is infuriating that the government thinks it can make better decisions for my family than I can! That it literally goes so far as to tell me what I can and cannot put into my OWN body! I tell you, as Trish pointed out, BANNING raw milk is only going to boost the black market. I'd rather buy it on the black market anyway... WITHOUT TAX.

Yes and in NJ, we just lost our only source...the farmer in PA

Per Lausund

Staff member
I beg to differ. Unless the producer adheres to extremely strict standards the result of exercising your inherent right to do as you please when it comes to public health invariably leads to endemic brucellosis, TB etc, just look to lesser developed countries where milk is sold without the p-word and se how long they live to exercise their right. And most people do not know better and make better decisions about these things, even quite a few medical people seem not to have the necessary knowledge to make evidence-based and good decisions with regards to diseases carried by foodstuffs and water. Do you really want to expose people to an increased risk of serious parasitic and bacterial disease? Because that is the result. I´m not even sure one should be allowed that right wrt children and family either!

Per Lausund

Staff member
Well...pasteurized milk also kills a lot of good bacteria...I cannot drink pasteurized milk but I can drink raw milk...it kills all the good enzymes in raw milk...and I don't want the government telling me what I can and cannot drink...
Are you sure its pasteurization that is the problem and not homogenization: the last produces very small fat droplets that pass through the intestinal wall into your system carrying strange protein with them?

Per Lausund

Staff member
Yes...positive...
Reason I´m asking is because a lot of people with milk allergies have them because they become exposed to non-digested milk protein carried by the fat droplets you get in homogenized milk, while pasteurization (unless you are thinking of UHT mily which has been boiled) really does not alter the milk apart from killing the baddies...