Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

OMG Her S***t Stinks!!!

Thank you everyone!! Yes before I became a deadbeat raw diet mom raw D did "help". And thank you for the air freshener tip! As this breed opens drawers and such I wish they used and flushed toilets!

Nitro

and his servant, Paul
definitely has no want of any sort of commercial cat treat.

Huh; I thought it was only my SV that scoffed at the thought of a commercial cat treat.

As this breed opens drawers and such I wish they used and flushed toilets!

As much as I'd love for them to take care of their waste too, the last thing you want is a cat that entertains themselves by way of your water bill.

Robo1

Savannah Super Cat
I have Loki on RAW...and his still smells pretty bad....lol...I try to clean it up right away...it will def. stink up the wash room....he is pooping once a day usually....and its a big one...I like the energy from the raw and overall health, but he has always been on RAW so I cant say if it would be worse if he was on commercial food...Man, I cant imagine it being worse....:eek: .

Trish Allearz

As Shelby says- crap stinks. Let's be honest.

But sometimes, parasites or whatnot can be hidden behind that reeky scent (and your kitten doesn't have to have diarrhea to have giardia/tritrich/etc, although that is surely how most people realize it- the nasty poops)- if you haven't done a full fecal panel, it can't HURT.

Otherwise, scoop and toss, scoop and toss.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
[quote="As much as I'd love for them to take care of their waste too, the last thing you want is a cat that entertains themselves by way of your water bill.[/quote]
You have a point here! I've seen the You-Tube video of the cat that flushes. ........And I was thinking about training the SV's.....hmmmm careful what you ask for.............

Robo1

Savannah Super Cat
As Shelby says- crap stinks. Let's be honest.

But sometimes, parasites or whatnot can be hidden behind that reeky scent (and your kitten doesn't have to have diarrhea to have giardia/tritrich/etc, although that is surely how most people realize it- the nasty poops)- if you haven't done a full fecal panel, it can't HURT.

Otherwise, scoop and toss, scoop and toss.

loki had a fecial test when he got his check up and all was clear...so I guess it is what it is.....

Trish Allearz

As has been said on this site over and over, a regular fecal can EASILY miss giardia as well as tritrich (in fact, I don't think it catches tritrich at all). Unfortunately, poop issues are one of those things- your cat can have issues and show no diarrhea. Your cat can show no symptoms. Your cat can have on and off again diarrhea. Etc.

Samber

Savannah Super Cat
Raw diet helps A LOT. i have all mine on raw and they use the litter robot. 0 smell in my house. only time i smell anything i when i change the bag out and its not that bad to deal with for a minute. i smell mostly the urine though and not the poop.

John Popp

Site Supporter
Zero smell with ours as well, feeding raw, using large Sterilite storage containers with 2 bags of Dr Elsey's in each and 3 daily cleanings on 4 boxes (3 cats). We don't ever change litter, just scoop and add a full bag of litter when half depleted. 20-1 water-bleach in a spray bottle to wipe off any urine on the sides of the boxes and we couldn't be happier about things after having some rough issues with our oldest boy going outside the box.

The litter lifter scoop is what ties everything together as it makes sifting through litter pretty effortless and efficient. When I think of the tons of litter I have sifted through over the years I'm sure 30% of my bone density is attributed to using conventional scoops and regularly dumping full litter boxes.

Robo1

Savannah Super Cat
I called and asked the Cat Hospital we use and she advised they do a visual test under the microscope and also a float test..and check for both, giardia and tritrich...and if there is any concern or suspicion then they send for further testing...Can you use pine pellets on those robo litter boxes?