Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

New here and looking to learn

bicmeister

Savannah Kitten
Hello everyone! Thank you for adding me to this site.
My partner and I am owned by two parrots, an eclectus and rose-breasted cockatoo, and a rescue cat. We have a bit of an odd pet trio, but the birds have their own playroom where our cat isn't allowed to enter. :)

I stumbled on this site as I was researching adding another cat into our family and am here to learn more about Savannahs. We are planning in advance and am in no hurry to purchase any Savannah at the moment because we want to make sure we can provide excellent care for both our birds and future pet.

Again, thanks for providing so much information on this site!

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Welcome! I am owned by an Amazon, Mini-Macaw, Pionus, and African Grey! I also have a DSH and my savannah girl.

My DSH loves my birds, and is extremely protective of all 4. I live with my parents, and my Grey is the only parrot that will be moving with me, so that is the one my SV gets along with best. She knows they will be siblings for the next 20 years or so :p

How old are you feather kids? I absolutely adore eclectus'...you have a boy or girl? I've always wanted a male, but I think my flock is more than complete. Rose-breasted cockatoos have to be my favorite out of the 'toos too.

You've come to the right place to learn about SVs...the people here are extremely knowledgeable, and you will find you will learn more about owning a Savannah then you ever thought possible :p

bicmeister

Savannah Kitten
The birds are both roughly 2 years old. I have an Aru male eclectus (gorgeous color and subspecies) and a male 'too. My RB2 is wonderful and does a bunch of neat, interactive tricks.

How does your Zeddie act around your birds? I realize they are probably never in contact with each other but have you noticed if your F4 responds to their noise/bird chatting?

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Actually, they come into contact supervised. She is best with my Grey...she would never do anything predatory towards her. The amazon is my dad's bird and hates me, so they never come into contact. The macaw and pionus come out though, and Zeddie just watches them. My macaw has a beautiful tail, which Zeddie likes to follow with her eyes, but she is very good about leaving them alone.

Zeddie is a complete food hound, so she finds the bird food more interesting than the birds themselves. I have caught her hopping into my Grey's cage on more than one occasion...just to eat the pellets out of her dish!

When Tia (my grey) and Zeddie are out together, Tia rules the roost. She can boss Zeddie around and Zeddie just lets her do it. I've attached a picture of them together...I love it as it is hard to get a picture of Zeddie on a good day, but Zeddie and Tia? For me, its gold :)

Attachments

• DSC_0122.jpg
    DSC_0122.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 17

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Welcome to the forum bicmeister! There is a LOT of information here, but if you have any specific questions feel free to ask away!

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Welcome, Bicmeister! Patt is correct; there is great tons of info here already (use the search box in the upper right hand corner above your avatar) or ask and you shall receive :)