Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Natures Variety

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
I think we MIGHT have a winner with raw foods!

I set out to go to the holistic pet store (figured there'd be more options there), but my human-child was being a bit stubborn & we didn't make it before they closed. :( I had to go pick up some kitty litter anyway so we stopped by PetCo & saw that the only brand of raw food that they carry is Natures Variety. I picked up the smallest bag of medallions & set out with my fingers crossed.

I took out a medallion, cut it in half, and then cut that half into bite sized pieces & mixed it in with his Blue Buffalo Wilderness wet food & he is eating it. Woo hoo! Hopefully he'll let me fully transition! XD

I've read a few posts about adding vitamins into raw food. Is there anything that I should be adding to this? Sorry, I'm new to the world of raw food (or healthy food period, I'm still trying to convince my mom & sister to put their cats on something better than 9Lives lol). Any input is appreciated. :)

The link is exactly what we bought, in the trial size:
http://www.naturesvariety.com/InstinctRaw/dog/chicken

admin

Paige
Staff member
You do not need to add anything to nature's variety as it is a complete and balanced food. And that is what you need to look for when searching the prepackaged types of raw foods...sounds like you may have a winner! Who would've thought? Mine won't touch it :(

if you did want to add a supplement, Kitty Bloom is very good.

Marissa

Savannah Super Cat
Mine love the NV rabbit, make sure you get it waaayyy before the sell by date, I had a bag a month away from the SBD and it was beyond freezer burnt. waste of money

K

Kronos

Oh mine were a huge fan of the Rabbit. Someone told me that sometimes there are large chunks of bone that were not ground properly sometimes found in this food that pets choke on... made me a bit nervous so I stopped feeding it. I never had any problems though.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
Oh mine were a huge fan of the Rabbit. Someone told me that sometimes there are large chunks of bone that were not ground properly sometimes found in this food that pets choke on... made me a bit nervous so I stopped feeding it. I never had any problems though.
Well, I'm finding out that Kovu wont eat it without it being mixed in with canned food, so it gets mooshed up pretty well. I've only bought one bag, but I haven't noticed any bones yet. Thanks for the info tho, I'll def. make sure to keep my eye out.

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
That's great that he's eating some raw. Just curious, why did you buy the dog one?