Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

My little munchkin Stark

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Thanks, I was a bit confused by the munchkin reference in the thread title and thought I was missing something - or someone in the original post! tri rolleyes:

K

KIM

Thanks Patti. No harness..I bought it but its still in the package and not going to bother. No treats dont coax him out, but he loves these springs and I got him to play and with a little work we got him back into the safe room. So now hes trying to escape again but for now hes up there. It will be 2 weeks this saturday, im guessing, its normal for it to take longer for a shy, and somewhat scared kitten. He is improving, but its quite slow. He waits like a mouse behind the door so when I go in to be with him..thats what he is trying to get out! lol

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Little stinker! It will be harder to bond with him once you let him out because he will have more opportunity to hide from you and avoid you. Play is always a good way to help socialize a kitty, I have used a wand toy in the past to coax shy kittens into my lap until they get used to being in close quarters with humans.

K

KIM

Little stinker! It will be harder to bond with him once you let him out because he will have more opportunity to hide from you and avoid you. Play is always a good way to help socialize a kitty, I have used a wand toy in the past to coax shy kittens into my lap until they get used to being in close quarters with humans.
I know. I have a few wand toys but I have found that he cannot resist the springs, he has tons and he fights with them, puts them in his mouth and runs, and last night I found him with the ball in his mouth lol. Hes getting better but I think he needs some more time.

admin

Paige
Staff member
KIM, mine all love those springs... And the little foam soccer balls... The boys vary them around and the girls fetch them like crazy