Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

My f3 male Savannah, 9 months, is sick with upset stomach

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
FYI, folks. Always check with a veterinarian about the appropriate dosing in animals. From the pharmacist perspective, humans tend to be highly sensitive to medications involved in biological processes when compared to animals. Animal have high variable dosing ranges between species. Some animals are not responsive to some drugs in humans or other animal species, and vice versa.
The good news is, a lot more is known about drugs in animals as they are tested in animals before humans.

Gaby

Savannah Adult
Great! Hope it helps him. I would also try the chicken baby food if you can source it... it really has worked for me for some very sick cats over the years that wouldn't touch anything else...
When I got up this morning at 4am Jasper was walking between my legs, that's a sign of " I'm hungry ", so I fixed deer meat and chicken for him and he ate it!, when I came back from the gym I gave him the chicken baby food like you suggested and he liked it!, also drank some water by himself, the best part is that he want to the bathroom. This is the best day for Jasper and for me so far. Thank you so much for your support, now I know that I can not rely in just the doctor's opinion. He is sleeping now but when he wakes up I'll give him the miralax mixed with some food and his medicine. Thank you!!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Yes, it is. Showed up on this last X-ray
I'm so sorry that it was so... obstructions can be tricky things, without doing a barium series it can easily be missed on initial exam.

I hope that the surgery is a success and he recovers swiftly!