Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Meet Crixus F3C

Igor

Savannah Super Cat
Sorry for the delay. Had to take him off the antibiotics. His diarrhea was coming back and he has had enough of stomach discomfort. I started giving him some probiotics and pure pumpkin with his food and I don't think he's ever been happier with his number 2s.. Gained just over half a pound in a week as well.

Brigitte, I was actually stocked up on probiotics. Here's a link
NaturVet Digestive Enzymes Plus Probiotic for Dogs and Cats, 1 lb Powder, Made in USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009O31QXY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_VeJKybFE6HA0K

They have helped him so much... I've also switched from AvoDerm wet food to Weruva Finger Lickin Chicken. Such an improvement. He goes crazy over that white meat chicken. His breath doesn't smell bad anymore either.

I've also started introducing the Orijen dry food, mixing it with his wet food. Now he has dry food out all the time in addition to his 4-5 meals of wet food. 0 problems in the litter box.

Igor

Savannah Super Cat
I spoke too soon.. he's having problems. This was very sudden. He didn't poop for about 1-2 days and when he did go it was a little bit of very light colored diarrhea in the morning. Usually he's always crazy about food, but he barely ate. I stopped with the enzyme/probiotic powder fearing it was his liver. The day after it was still a little bit of light colored diarrhea, but energy levels dropped a little bit maybe? His food intake has improved. What could this be? Intestinal blockage? I'm going to call the vet when they open.

Last edited:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
It may just be an isolated incident, but if he continues to have diarrhea, especially if it's stinky/stinkier you might want to consider running a diarrhea PCR on him. Were you able to get in and see the vet today?

Igor

Savannah Super Cat
Saw the vet. They examined him. Said his intestines are pretty empty and since it's only diarrhea and not vomiting they pretty much ruled out intestinal blockage. They couldn't make much of it. I got 2 prescriptions for hypoallergenic food. He just went to the bathroom. Still diarrhea. Weird thing is that he started gagging right after getting out of the litter box and vomited a little bit of something that looked like mucus/saliva.

Igor

Savannah Super Cat
The only change is that the amount of diarrhea is greater and browner in color. Any ideas guys?