Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Long Absence

kravenheart

Savannah Super Cat
Hey guys, I just wanted to post and let everyone know how we were doing. After Appa's death I couldn't bear to get on the site for a while. Sorry about that. I am back in the States now and we are hard at work cleaning everything Appa came in contact with. Every cat toy/dish is either been bleached or thrown out, the cat tree was bleached as well. We are getting the carpet steam cleaned too. Plus we are waiting 90+ days before getting another cat to let all the virus die. (We were offered a kitten that had been rescued and had to turn it down, we didnt want it to get sick too)

We are talking with the breeder about getting another kitten after the wait time is up. Thank you once again for all the advice and support while Appa was sick.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Kravenheart, you and your fiancé have been on my mind and I'm happy that you've updated us. No apologies necessary for taking a break from here after Appa's death. Sounds like you are dealing with the loss and grieving process and I'm sure your fiance is happy to have you back. I know there is always some emotional conflict and guilt when an animal passes as we look forward to the future sharing our homes with a new companion. But as any animal lover knows, it's near impossible to leave that silence unfilled and the love bottled up. Best wishes for you when the time comes to bring another SV into your home.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I am glad you have checked in again. It takes a little time to be ready for a new kitten in your lives, I hope the right one appears at the right time and all goes well for you :)

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
Welcome back to the fold. It's so tough to get over the loss of a loved one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

admin

Paige
Staff member
Glad to see you back - we have missed you and worried about you, so I'm glad you checked in!