Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Litter Box Issue

admin

Paige
Staff member
I wish mine preferred a covered box :) All of mine are open boxes...it's those dang perch and poopers! lol

I have one of those clever cats and sometimes Zuri and Cisco use it...Taj is just too big for it...it is covered...

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I have one of those clever cats and sometimes Zuri and Cisco use it...Taj is just too big for it...it is covered...

Yes, it made for some interesting moments at first when a "percher" would flip the entire box over...the trick I learned is to use boxes no higher than 8-9" tall and filled with enough pellets to keep it weighted down ;)

K

Kronos

You might also try putting down two boxes. They don't have to be in completely different places, you can put them side by side. Some cats like having an option, and some cats like to pee in one and poop in the other.

You could also try three boxes, put a different kind of litter in one of them, see what his preferences are.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Also, how did you clean the bed he pooped on? Using a good enzyme cleaner is a must, else their sensitive little noses will smell odor and think it okay to poop there again...

Covering the bed with a shower curtain is a good deterrent too...

Paul B

Sorte
Thanks Brigitte. I am heading to Wally World right after work to pick some stuff up. Do you they would have that enzyme cleaner spray? I'll grab a big shower curtain too along with a larger Rubbermaid box to let him try out.