Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Kitten vomiting

MM3

Site Supporter
Took him to vet. X-ray shows fibers in belly. They kept him
So So Sorry! Would love to pass a law to forbid that cheap stuffing china uses to stuff toys. If you could you show us what type of toy this was, it could help others to stay way from that very kind. He is in the best and safest place he could be at the vets office. Please keep us informed and in the meantime sending prayers.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Any 'normal' cat toy can become a potential disaster for a Savannah or any other cat breed that is rough on toys. Anyone who owns Savannahs should always lock toys safely away when the cats are unsupervised.

BigBoyz

Savannah Super Cat
I just spoke with the vet he went back at midnight to check on my boy and he is not happy. A lot of hissing and growling lol. I think that's a good sign. My baby was given meds to try and move the fibers in hopes he can pass with no surgery. Thank you all for your support

BigBoyz

Savannah Super Cat
Dr called yesterday meds worked and the fibers in his belly moved and hopefully between last night and this morning he would have pooped it out. I placed a pic of the toy, the toy on the round has the round part which held the metals you see on the left making the toy sound like a bird. Between the sound and the feathers he was having fun until he got the ball portion open! That's when my nightmare began, my in-laws bought them some toys and no one was watching them and I feel like a bad mom. I learned the hard way and went through every new toy and go rid of anything I feel they can ruin. Thank you for all your support couldn't sleep going to get him as soon as the vet is open

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 20

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I'm so glad everything has worked itself out! Hopefully he won't be getting into any more trouble!! :rolleyes: