Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Just not himself ;(

BigBoyz

Savannah Super Cat
I know how you feel and my heart hurts for you. This will be my first Christmas without my Bajah and Simba and as I sit here and cry for the loss in my heart I look at my 2 new babies and laugh at what lies ahead of me with this young burst of energy. Stacie, I am sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you today as I look at my 2 urns and hope today will be the start of a new beginning. Happy Holidays my friend wishing you all the best!!

The Jensen's

Savannah Super Cat
I know how you feel and my heart hurts for you. This will be my first Christmas without my Bajah and Simba and as I sit here and cry for the loss in my heart I look at my 2 new babies and laugh at what lies ahead of me with this young burst of energy. Stacie, I am sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you today as I look at my 2 urns and hope today will be the start of a new beginning. Happy Holidays my friend wishing you all the best!!
Thank you for that. My heart does feel excited to be looking forward in the lives of my other two and an expectant family of our 3rd. My cries for Makoi are for sadness of not watching him grow but I feel like I should stop being afraid and move forward. This is a god awful disease that is nothing we can predict. I just pray I am never looking into the face of that devil again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat
So sorry you and so many go through this. Seems like there are a lot on the list that are facing this. Hey did you ever get a post Mortem confirmation done on tissue to confirm FIP?

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Good to hear from you Stacie. Many of us grieve with you. These cats are so precious to us all.
We look forward to your 3rd arrival!

The Jensen's

Savannah Super Cat
So sorry you and so many go through this. Seems like there are a lot on the list that are facing this. Hey did you ever get a post Mortem confirmation done on tissue to confirm FIP?
I did not and wonder if it were cancer instead. They definitely said it was one or the other. Either way we gave him all extra medical until his body stop responding. But I'm not convinced. Before he died they found a large heart murmur that didn't seem to be there prior. Maybe heart disease. I couldn't bare putting his previous body through more. He hasn't ate in three days and had no more muscle tone. I was doing feelings thru syringe but it doesn't help when he was done.

I am so sorry for your loss. Its always hard to lose a furry family member. We will be facing that shortly with our oldest. You are handling this with grace and courage. I don't think they ever really leave us. I bet he's watching you now!

The Jensen's

Savannah Super Cat
I am so sorry for your loss. Its always hard to lose a furry family member. We will be facing that shortly with our oldest. You are handling this with grace and courage. I don't think they ever really leave us. I bet he's watching you now!
Thank you so much! I balled like a two year old and even stomped my feet so not sure completely graceful. I do know he's with me. I don't mean to sound silly but I swore he was pawing at my thigh the other day. This was his normal greetings.

admin

Paige
Staff member

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that...and no, I do not believe they ever leave us either...

MM3

Site Supporter
Bless you in your time of great loss. I have no idea what pain and sorrow you have experienced losing a precious family member. So sorry!