Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Issues with Bijou

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Could be something simple, could be something life threatening like an obstruction. I would have had my cat to the vet at day 2.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I agree with WW. Bijou is adjusting to her new surroundings so her tummy could be having issues as a result. But, considering where she came from, you just don't know what she could have been exposed to. I would get her to the vet ASAP.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think that is long enough to be concerned enough to get her to the vet. She's probably dehydrated from that and usually that leads to them getting a lot worse fast :-(

drew5892

Savannah Super Cat
Sorry for not going in to detail on the first post, was on my phone.

So as I mentioned its usually after she wakes up that she vomits. The diarrhea started today, it was actually solid at first, and then it finished in liquid, very little amount.

I talk to Amanda over at A1 about food wise, and she mentioned that cat was eating science diet ideal balance, and I have the same type of food, so I don't think its a food change. The climate from OK to Las Vegas is very different, so that could be having and impact.

I'm also curious about her eating habits. She is constantly eating, it seems all hours of the day she is snacking on food. She is acting normal, or as she did when she came in about a week ago.

admin

Paige
Staff member
You still need to bring her to the vet Drew... No matter what... Cats hide illnesses well... Could she have gotten into something?

drew5892

Savannah Super Cat
She will definitely be at the vet by Saturday regardless if it clears up or not, I can't get her there any time before then. I'll pull the food up, just want to make sure she is not hungry during the day when I'm gone.