Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Is you cat a thief?

Sean

Site Supporter
Try pork chops in the oven for safe keeping and then finding them a few days
later when they start to get ripe. That was a wild anti-theft try.

Sean

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I did that once years ago. I lived in Sydney but my parents had a farm about 4 hours from Sydney. They were away on vacation, so my friends and I decide to have a nice weekend away in the country and turn up there. Saturday night we cooked a lovely big lamb roast...and after serving, put the lamb leg in the oven to keep it safe from the cat (my big ole black domestic shorthair that truly I often think is reincarnated in my current black boy Baz). We had a merry night with a lot of local wine drank... got up on the Sunday and cleaned up the kitchen and left to go back home to Sydney. My parents got back a few days later to a house that smelled like dead rotting flesh...oh yes, we'd forgotten to take the lamb leg out of the oven :-(

That cat was the start of my love for cats with big personalities... and good training for living with a Savannah too as he was always up to something. I chose my black kitten when I was four years old and he was the love of my early life. A quirky, strong-willed troublemaker. Just how I like my Savannahs :)

Sean

Site Supporter
Mokkun got into the pantry tonight. I was having a midnight snack and watching some
Tivoed shows and Bella and Tetsu just would not get away from the pantry doors. Bella
can pull them open. So I go back over more to grab some more of my Flaming Hot Peanut
Brittle (Cinnamon and Cayenne Pepper) And I see Mokkun's tail slip out when I reach in.

So now after I got him out they all want to go back in and snoop around more.
So all I hear while trying to watch a show on TV was that door banging closed. Grr:mad:

Sean

Sean

Site Supporter
Now I find that my good boy is not so good.
He likes paper clips. he will go onto the counter
and take then out of the day planner.

Sean

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
Nimbus is my thief. Socks, bras, underwear, any small soft thing left anywhere. But everything ends up in the outdoor cat enclosure, so at least I know where to look.

Sean

Site Supporter
More cat thefts. What is it with the carbon filter for the water fountain that
Tetsu just can pass by? If the lid is not in the fountain he will remove the filter pad.
This time I missed it and I have no clue what he did with it.

Silly cat.
I just know I am going to step on it later all cold,wet and squishy.

Sean :-drink

Kristin

Animal Communicator
More cat thefts. What is it with the carbon filter for the water fountain that
Tetsu just can pass by? If the lid is not in the fountain he will remove the filter pad.
This time I missed it and I have no clue what he did with it.

Silly cat.
I just know I am going to step on it later all cold,wet and squishy.

Sean :-drink

Zeddie does this tooo_O