Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I'm pretty sure this is a scam :(

S

sammiithm

I have been wanting a savannah cat for a while now and I saw an ad on my local craigslist for Savannah kittens with a $200 rehoming fee. There were no pictures posted because she said sh didnt want them spread on the internet. I emailed the person (since they provided no phone number) and this is what I recieved back:

Hello , Thanks for the Interest you have in my babies, I will be willing to let you have my babies if you will promise taking good care of them, They are both 14 weeks old and come with all papers and some playing toys. Am 45 year old lady suffering from cancer and these kittens where my only source of strength .So as much as I love them , I want them to be happy, that’s why I am searching for a home that will be able to take very good care of these babies for me because am feeling week now and don’t have the strength to take good care of these babies anymore .Am currently in Grambling, LA(I am Willing to have them shipped over to you)(Shipping is $200 Per kitten and this money is to be paid directly to the Airport) . I came to Louisiana for my treatment so I will be seeing my doctor in 1week’s time so I need a home for these babies so I can concentrate on my treatment , I have health issues that do not permit me to use a phone,I had an ear surgery I can only email you anytime..To ensure my kittens go into a loving and caring home ,get back to me with the answers to these few questions.

-Are you a Christian Family? -Do you have kids? -Do you have any experience with kittens? -Are you a breeder or will you breed them in the future if I let you have them? -Are you ready for them today? -Can I have your Contact Number? -Will you send us updates about them from time to time and pictures? -Where are you located?

(Lino is the Male and Liya is the Female )

Thanks and May God Bless You.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Prov. 3:5-6

She also sent dome pictures of two kittens playing on a cat tree, I cant attach them since I am,on my phone and can not save them from the email. Am already 99% sure it is a scam but I was wondering if any of you had some input.

admin

Paige
Staff member
SCAM...it would be nice to see the pics though, so we know who she ripped them off from...

S

sammiithm

Ok I thought so :( I just gotta keep saving to get myself a kitten from a reputable breeder. Thanks for answering, Ill try to post the pictures from my computer tonight

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
The improper grammar context is a dead giveaway. I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot paw.

There are a number of scams being run in South Africa at present too. There are no Savannah breeders in SA yet. I know because I have been fighting to get them accepted here. Does anyone know who these photos belong to? They are being used in the scams. The kittens are being advertised as between R2000 and R3500 a kitten. I guess that would be around $200 to $350 each.
http://www.vottle.com/pets-cats-adorable-savannah-kittens-for-sale_v2033079
gumtree.co.za

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Pic 4.jpg
    Pic 4.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 28

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Couple of things don't quite add up. Good looking kitten is purported to be an F3, price is way low. And by reading these boards, F4 males are very rarely fertile. On other threads there are discussions about the communication to be expected with the breeder. If you can't pick up the phone and have a conversation (or even skype them if international), that is generally not a good sign. (IMO)