Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I love it...

T

tkymasters

Ever since Kronos chose me, I take him everywhere I can.. I take him to work, Best Buy, Gander Mountain, Petsmart, Petco, Home Depot just to name a few.

The usual questions:

1. Is that a cat?
2. Is it Legal?
3. Where do I get one?
4. How much are they?

Question 1, 2, 3 are easy to answer.. Question 4 isn't.. Since Kronos is a F1 and I'm not a breeder, nor am I really good friends with a breeder.. F1s are nowhere close to cheap.. So I quote the prices off the internet.. "Depending on the breeder, coloration, and sex of the cat, they start at $8,000 and can be as high as $32,000." As I watch their jaw hit the ground and eyes wide open, "If you would like one then, I suggest finding a local breeder and get on their waiting list for one."

I LOVE IT when after making that last comment, the person gasps and becomes speechless for a slight second... Like they swallowed a bug..

I LOVE IT when they say someone they know has one just like that. Then I quote the prices and watch for the dumb stare.

I love my Kronos and will talk an innocent bystanders ears off about him, but I LOVE It more when they just say "hey, beatiful cat.." and continue walking.

admin

Paige
Staff member
It is really wonderful to see how much you love Kronos!

As far as F1 prices...I don't know of any breeders that sell an F1 for $32,000...they are pricey, but that is definitely pushing it.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Was just thinking that $32,000 outrageous price tag had to come from the Savannah Cat Shoppe... they gotta pay for the glitzy storefront somehow!

Pays to do your research and know what the fair market value of a given generation. There will be some variability but then some just charge ridiculous prices to go with all their marketing and people assume that because it is more expensive that equates to better quality...

admin

Paige
Staff member
Pays to do your research and know what the fair market value of a given generation. There will be some variability but then some just charge ridiculous prices to go with all their marketing and people assume that because it is more expensive that equates to better quality...

yes...do your research for sure...

T

tkymasters

I tell the general public to youtube it or Google it.... but the ignorant ones... wow!! A lady saw him in the rolling carrier.. "OMG, it has spots. That's a wild cat" Thats when evil comes out... "Yes lady, it has spots.. so is a dalmation a wild dog?"

admin

Paige
Staff member
LOL...Now Taj is big, but he is a BTT, so has tiny spots...when he was a year old, I took him to the Westchester show and people wanted to know if he was a mountain lion...