Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

How vocal are your Savannahs?

John Popp

Site Supporter
Not much talking from our SV, although he'll sing on the landing of the front stairway as it has excellent reverb. The two DSHs talk a lot, one of them incessantly. So far Nifty is pretty talkative which has spurned lots of odd chirps from Chongo.

L

Louie'sDad

Louie is a lot like Gary Cooper. Quiet unless something needs to be said. He rarely if ever complains. He never squawks when his food bowl is empty.

He only talks when I speak to him or ask him (rhetorical) questions, and then he either replies or answers me back. He also caterwauls/screeches when I playfully energetically pat his rump/hindquarters (which he LOVES) while shouting LOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE. This can go on for 5 minutes while he parades back and forth anticipating the rough patting of his rear end/hindquarters and he yowls back, mimicking my voice.............yes, mimicking. If I do a short one, so does he. A loooooong one, he copies it. I cracck up over it, very entertaining.

Oh, yeah. He does ask me for more beer, for which he's acquiring a taste. Yeah, very Gary Cooperlike.

Katniss

And her brother Crazy !
Crazy is very vocal.. he chirps, meows, howls,etc.. he used to wake us at 330am with the howling but thankfully over time..it is 5-6am... which I can 'live' with since I get up for work at 530.. sadly the weekends only one of us sleeps in as the other has to feed and chase down the terrorist!! Katniss rarely says anything.. I only hear her let out little mews when she has been left alone and her daddy has come home!! Now and then a meow when she 'kills' her prey (a tail toy!!) We keep hoping when Crazy is more mature he will let us sleep in till 7?? (we can only hope!!!!)