Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

How to Know a Breeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyldthingz

Savannah Super Cat
While I'm not suggesting large is always good, since you are saying smaller programs are the best based on your opinion of commercial breeders I am confused by your statement. You recently purchased your F1 from someone I would consider a larger breeder.

Why would you say that pet buyers should only buy from small programs like yours, but it's OK for you and other breeders to purchase your breeding animals from whomever has the nicest cats?

BTW, the nastiest kittens I have ever purchased came from two different breeders - who both only owned ONE QUEEN. The numbers argument is not valid unless you are simply trying to trash other breeders.[/quote

I think you are getting carried away here as it was not my intent to trash anyone but it appear as it is take that way.
You mean Daisy? I don't consider her from a large breeder at all? I don't consider you a large breeder either.

It is just my opinion and I did qualify that. Others can buy their cats from who they want. I would rather support smaller programs with the BEST CATS.

Trish Allearz

Yeah, I think it all depends upon what you consider a large breeding program. To me- it's the programs that sell the cats to anyone with cash on hand- and always, always, always has kittens available. That definitely wouldn't be either of you two ladies!

admin

Paige
Staff member
It's a matter of choice where one buys their savannah or any other cat, for that matter. And as I have repeatedly said...if people keep putting down larger breeders, one day all of the small breeders will be gone since HSUS will eat them alive with their USDA requirements and bans. So I suggest people spend their time learning to work together rather than acting as though one program is better than another before there are no more programs.

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
While I'm not suggesting large is always good, since you are saying smaller programs are the best based on your opinion of commercial breeders I am confused by your statement. You recently purchased your F1 from someone I would consider a larger breeder.

Why would you say that pet buyers should only buy from small programs like yours, but it's OK for you and other breeders to purchase your breeding animals from whomever has the nicest cats?

BTW, the nastiest kittens I have ever purchased came from two different breeders - who both only owned ONE QUEEN. The numbers argument is not valid unless you are simply trying to trash other breeders.[/quote

I think you are getting carried away here as it was not my intent to trash anyone but it appear as it is take that way.
You mean Daisy? I don't consider her from a large breeder at all? I don't consider you a large breeder either.

It is just my opinion and I did qualify that. Others can buy their cats from who they want. I would rather support smaller programs with the BEST CATS.

Maybe it's just how I read it. I didn't really consider Sandra 'large' necessarily, but she certainly wasn't a small in-home program either. Anyway, I think it's just important that people have a good relationship with their breeder, get a healthy, happy kitten, and that they get support and mentoring along the way. If a larger program or commercial breeder can accomplish that then I commend them for accomplishing all that it takes to be successful. Those are the things that matter to me when considering a cat from someone.

By for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.