Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello

DDboothman

Savannah Super Cat
Hello everyone!

First time savannah owner here in Alberta, Canada, we've had our pretty little smoke girl for almost a week now and couldn't be happier! I was very excited to find these forums, they have really helped explain a lot about her behaviour considering all we were expecting was 'high energy' LOL

admin

Paige
Staff member
Welcome and congrats!

Look forward to seeing some photos of your girl and hearing more about her ;)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Welcome and congratulations on your new family member! Please post pics, smokes are rather rare and I personally love them!

DDboothman

Savannah Super Cat
Hi everyone, thanks for the welcomes! She has fulfilled those expectations and more, holy cow she does NOT stop until its time for sleep.

We both really loved the smokes, there was only 2 out of 10 (2 litters) and the breeder said we were the only ones that expressed an interest in them. The pictures don't really do justice to the patterns you can see on her but as many people of said...try and catch a picture. I love how courageous they are though, it's so nice not to have to worry that every noise is going to send her into hiding. Quite the contrary, if you drop something or are making any loud noises she wants in on the action! lol

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hi everyone, thanks for the welcomes! She has fulfilled those expectations and more, holy cow she does NOT stop until its time for sleep.

We both really loved the smokes, there was only 2 out of 10 (2 litters) and the breeder said we were the only ones that expressed an interest in them. The pictures don't really do justice to the patterns you can see on her but as many people of said...try and catch a picture. I love how courageous they are though, it's so nice not to have to worry that every noise is going to send her into hiding. Quite the contrary, if you drop something or are making any loud noises she wants in on the action! lol

That is something I love about my savannahs as well ;) They follow the vacuum around, instead of running from it, they run to the door when someone knocks or rings the bell, they are so curious about everything and most noises do not scare them...

L

Louie'sDad

Welcome!
Would like to see some pictures of your pretty girl.
I'm a first time Savannah owner as well. They love water in addition to what was mentioned above. It's very easy to tell when your little one is feeling sleepy or groggy. Mine is a joy to watch and play with, and the bond that she'll form with her parents is NOT to be found in any other cat, I've been told. So far, I see how true this is!
Is there a lot of Serval in her blood?