Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello Everyone

Renee

Savannah Super Cat
I really appreciate your comment, it resonates.

I was a bit worried at first Dante would never get along and maybe been too excited he has come to terms with a new friend. He may be getting slightly bullied and I will watch carefully.

Just to clarify, they only have time together supervised ATM. Loki is a bit crazy, but Dante is holding his ground when needed.

I take Loki to work with me (it's a private office) and saw the most enduring thing when I arrived home today.

I let Loki out of the carrier and he immediately went to Dante, hugged him and cleaned his face. Dante cleaned his face back. It was a special moment :)

He then did harass Dante after that as he has too much energy. This time I had Dante in my lap and wouldn't allow Loki to get to him. Dante was pleased, such a sweet boy.

Both kitties are in bed, Loki in the MA bath and Dante in his bedroom.

I really think it is going well. I was super worried about Dante accepting another cat into the house.

Renee

Savannah Super Cat
So... Update!

I love this little guy so much! He is amazing! He is a fetch-a-holic.

Dante and him are not 100% yet, but Loki is learning boundaries. They were sitting with each other for over an hour peaceably in the sitting room. They sat up on the couch together looking out.

I do have to say, as soon as they see me Loki starts being mean to Dante. It's confusing as they were fine when I wasn't there. They are sweet together when Loki gets home from "work"

It works well to distract the crazy one with fetch or a feather wand. It's been working wonders this last several weeks.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks for reading.

Renee

Savannah Super Cat
So it's official, Loki is nuts, but Dante loves him. It's a silly arrangement.

They play and then Dante gets sick of it. He gets mad and hisses. As soon as Loki leaves Dante goes off to find him and the play starts again.

Attachments

• 20160723_143439-1~3-800x522.jpg
    20160723_143439-1~3-800x522.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 22

Patti

Admin
Staff member
So it's official, Loki is nuts, but Dante loves him. It's a silly arrangement.

They play and then Dante gets sick of it. He gets mad and hisses. As soon as Loki leaves Dante goes off to find him and the play starts again.
LOL, typical Savannah play :)