Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Got a Chewer?

John Popp

Site Supporter

*****WARNING*****

This product contains essential peppermint oils which can make your cat very sick! If you have them, please throw them away! My apologies!

my sister and I came across this gem after stopping at a new pet store. It was the first day of our youngest feeling a bit under the weather so we got him some toys. The one I was most excited about was the Orbee-Tuff Nooks ball. The label said it was virtually indestructible, you could load the nooks with treats and could be tossed around like a regular ball.

After beating it up for a few days, not even so much as a pinhole. We've loaded it with spinach, cucumber (their two favorite treats), venison sticks, dehydrated rabbits feet and chicken breasts and when they are done they still chew on it for hours. Best of all, since we bought it, there hasn't been any chewed up casualties. No torn up shoes, towels, pillows, sheets, stuffed animals, cat beds, just nothing being torn up.

Anyway, here's a picture of them, we have the smiley face and more Orbee toys are going to enter the mix in the near future. Also they are about the size of a pool ball, so no choking hazard.

Orbee-Tuff-interactive-dog-toys-nooks.jpg

Last edited:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
They sound fantastic for the cats and my dog! Any idea if/where we can purchase them online?

John Popp

Site Supporter
I saw they were on Amazon or you could visit me in Ohio and I'll take you to the pet store that had them. :)

Dooley simply loves it so I definitely Ned a second.

Also want to try some of the other Orbee stuff, just need to go back and look.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I actually lived in Girard for a year and attended Youngstown - that was many decades ago...
However, I ordered these online from the website I posted above - can't wait to get them!

John Popp

Site Supporter
We had some family friends in Girard. Hal Sauer and his family who was a professor at Edinboro. One of the most engaging people I have ever met in my life and very much a global citizen having lived in China, the US and Germany.

John Popp

Site Supporter
Today I got a closer look at the ball after the boys have been chewing it for a while. There are hundreds of pinholes and 1/8th to 1/4" slices. So at some point it will need to be discarded, but seemingly it's a long way from having any voids in it.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Well I purchased three of these and they arrived today - two like you got, plus a larger one that has a maze inside to put treats into. No one is interested in any of them - dog or cats - so that's $55 down the drain... I should have just stuck with cardboard... tri rolleyes:

John Popp

Site Supporter
Hi Patti, send me a pm and I'll take the nooks off you via PayPal or the like.

Before you give up, have you tried stuffing the nooks? Something like cream cheese or peanut butter might work for your dog where as dehydrated treats for the cats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk