Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Frank question about breeders

waitingforgeorge

George's brother
Is there anyone or more than one person who has been around long enough to offer some frank observations about breeders if private messaged with specific issues. Not to run down but maybe to direct to where to find more information or offer advice

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I'm not sure... imho I'd feel suspect of someone that would bitch about their fellow breeders behind their backs. You would have more success looking for people to recommend their fellow breeder. I'm happy to tell you if I know another breeder well enough to vouch for them...but I'm not going to diss others. That kind of thing is detrimental to our breed community!

waitingforgeorge

George's brother
I understand. That completely. I seem to find myself in a dilemma about two different situations, neither one is detrimental toward either breeder. But not questions I would like to ask on public forum

Trish Allearz

Brigitte is an honest and reliable person to bounce things off of. But yeah, I would rather recommend a good breeder then discuss one I don't care for.

waitingforgeorge

George's brother
It is difficult to be a new buyer with all the "buyer beware" that goes along with that as well as the emotional aspect of planning a long time for a new member of the family. It is doubly difficult to be a breeder and run a business efficiently, while reassuring a buyer they are okay, trying to insure their cats go to the best lifetime home, and also dealing with the myrid of inquires that will generally not pan out to be a buyer after much time and effort is spent. This is true in everything we buy, but emotional stakes are much higher when it is a pet, cat, dog, horse etc. Sometimes as a consumer it is hard to put myself in the sellers shoes, because I am emotional, I expect them to be. I have Internationally adopted children, that process is very similar, it is so emotional as the parent and a business for the agency, we want the agency to be emotional right along with us but they can't be, they have a job to do. Having this forum to come to helps tremedously and I want to thank everyone who responded so positivly to this post.

Trish Allearz

You are absolutely right. I was both excited and terrified when I bought my first Savannah! Thank goodness, he was purring when he came out of the crate. I was also petrified when I brought my French Bulldog home!

D

DocMac

I practically accused the breeder I got my first Savannah from as a scammer. I Googled her house, and was a nervous wreck until I had my kitty. She was on TICA, so, I finally relaxed with my Djembe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riverridgefarm-com.webs.com
Riverridgesavannahs@yahoo.com

D

DocMac

It is difficult to be a new buyer with all the "buyer beware" that goes along with that as well as the emotional aspect of planning a long time for a new member of the family. It is doubly difficult to be a breeder and run a business efficiently, while reassuring a buyer they are okay, trying to insure their cats go to the best lifetime home, and also dealing with the myrid of inquires that will generally not pan out to be a buyer after much time and effort is spent. This is true in everything we buy, but emotional stakes are much higher when it is a pet, cat, dog, horse etc. Sometimes as a consumer it is hard to put myself in the sellers shoes, because I am emotional, I expect them to be. I have Internationally adopted children, that process is very similar, it is so emotional as the parent and a business for the agency, we want the agency to be emotional right along with us but they can't be, they have a job to do. Having this forum to come to helps tremedously and I want to thank everyone who responded so positivly to this post.

Our Korean-born daughter joined our family 29 years ago at 5 months old. We dealt with Catholic Charities, so I never thought scammer, but it was very nerve-wracking. ♥

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riverridgefarm-com.webs.com
Riverridgesavannahs@yahoo.com