Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

FoodSaver

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat
My family has had a food saver for several years now and it works great on human food, which if you are feeding raw translates to cat food as well. The one I use at home is resealable as well. I generally use it for steaks though haha.

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
We have an older model and like to use it for portioning out large packages of meat for us. Doubt I would use it for cat grind though... the bags are way too expensive compared to just reusing tupperware type containers.

admin

Paige
Staff member
We have an older model and like to use it for portioning out large packages of meat for us. Doubt I would use it for cat grind though... the bags are way too expensive compared to just reusing tupperware type containers.

Ah but you can get much less expensive bags now that work better than the foodsaver bags...I just received them. I used to use tupperware, but they do not really keep a tight enough seal and I always see freezer frost on the inside...or I see my ground raw oxidate...

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
Hmmm, that is weird. Maybe we just use it too fast to have those problems. One of our dogs is on raw now too so we grind weekly. We are using the ziplock and glad disposable containers but get hundreds of uses before they have to be tossed.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hmmm, that is weird. Maybe we just use it too fast to have those problems. One of our dogs is on raw now too so we grind weekly. We are using the ziplock and glad disposable containers but get hundreds of uses before they have to be tossed.

Yes, that is probably it - thanks Lori!

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat

I'm not sure if they are all like this but the machine i've used just uses a huge roll of bags that you can cut to size your self. I don't think they are too expensive compared to the use of tupperware anymore. Personally having to continually clean tupperware can become a hassle..especially when the lids disappear.