Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Echo and Dolos

Laura W

Savannah Super Cat
My babies! Dolos the 8 wk old Bengal has not meant Echo yet. Still trying to socialize Echo and show him there's no reason to be afraid. He loves his tree even though he can't fit in the house! He spotted Dolos today through the baby gate and just kinda opened his mouth and stared. His ears were forward, but not taking any chances of them meeting yet. Monte is a bassett-doxie and Gretchen, whom he had decided is his dog, is a Miniature Schnauzer, yes she needs groomed.:)

Echoinbox (2).jpg Echolegout.jpg Echo1.jpg dolosandmonte.jpg gretchand3.jpg

admin

Paige
Staff member
Laura, how adorable!!! I wish Echo wasn't so afraid, but I wonder if if Dolos will make a difference? I know Zuri made a big difference in Cisco's life...perhaps marilyn could help you?

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
My babies! Dolos the 8 wk old Bengal has not meant Echo yet. Still trying to socialize Echo and show him there's no reason to be afraid. He loves his tree even though he can't fit in the house! He spotted Dolos today through the baby gate and just kinda opened his mouth and stared. His ears were forward, but not taking any chances of them meeting yet. Monte is a bassett-doxie and Gretchen, whom he had decided is his dog, is a Miniature Schnauzer, yes she needs groomed.:)

View attachment 1677 View attachment 1678 View attachment 1679 View attachment 1680 View attachment 1681
Oh the kitten is precious and you look to have quite a spoiled and loved bunch of furs. :)

Laura W

Savannah Super Cat
Laura, how adorable!!! I wish Echo wasn't so afraid, but I wonder if if Dolos will make a difference? I know Zuri made a big difference in Cisco's life...perhaps marilyn could help you?
Dolos is already making a difference. Echo is so curious that it's getting the best of him and he's forgetting he's afraid. He was watching Dolos and the dogs play together then watching us play with the laser with the kitten, came right up to the baby gate to watch. We started playing with him with the laser and he was having so much fun, but it's clear he doesn't know how to play with people. He allowed us to walk right up to the gate in front of his room and never even flinched. Just sat on the bed with his ears forward and watched us and the others play occasionally chirping. He has NEVER been this calm and wanting to interact with us like he has been this evening. He's not even backing away when Danny approaches and he's always been so terrified of any man in the house that he becomes incontinent. I see progress in our future! :)

admin

Paige
Staff member

View attachment 1677 View attachment 1678 View attachment 1679 View attachment 1680 View attachment 1681

Laura, question - does Echo have a place to go to and feel safe? Like some kind of carrier or enclosure in the room?

Laura W

Savannah Super Cat
He's really young and very impressionable. Give him time, this is all scary and new to him. :)
Dolos is. In fact I see some of the traits of kitties that should still be with their mom coming out. Biting in particular. Gretchen was a breeder before they turned her into a shelter, so she has kinda taken a mother roll with him and is teaching him that biting isn't appropriate. She is really good and patience with him and he loves her already. Monte just yelps and tries to walk away. Feisty little Dolos isn't having any of that! We supervise all this.

Echo is 3 now and even though we've only had him since Dec. he is finally starting to act more normal. Have to remind "The Man" to give him more time and he will let us know when he wants more interaction. He thinks that he's going to go get gauntlet gloves and pick him up. Not happening.

Laura W

Savannah Super Cat
Laura, question - does Echo have a place to go to and feel safe? Like some kind of carrier or enclosure in the room?
Yes, and he knows that the gate prevents any of the others from going into his room, which is a large bedroom off the great room, and he can see everything going on since our home is very open concept. It's his safe area and that's where the tree, his food, water, litter box and toys are. It works until we get his tree built which will be made to better accommodate his size. He's a tall, leggy and long cat.

He comes out of his room after we go to bed and roams the house until we get up. The dogs sleep with us and don't bother him at night. Dolos is in a large wire kennel just outside our room (which we never close the door) with his kitty house, food water, litter box and toys at night so he's safe also.