Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Contact information

M

MK Anderson

So, I thought this was talked about before, but cant seem to find the thread. I was wondering why some breeders don't list their phone numbers on their sites for people to call and inquire?

I personally know how hard it is to sit and try and write and email(I struggle) and cant get me point or thoughts across well! Or even what I'm trying to say! I just know for me it is a lot easier to talk than write.

Sometime I go back and read what I wrote and think NO, I didn't mean that and give up.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
I'm with Julie. lol I get super nervous talking (on phone or in person) to people I don't know. Sometimes its to the point of having an anxiety attack. Using emails (for me) is so much easier!

Paul B

Sorte
Yup, I'm with Trish, Ashley and Julie on this one... LOL! I would rather email than talk on the phone (not that I have a problem with talking on the phone). It's just easier for me because I am at a computer all day at work and it is less urgent. The breeder/recipient can answer when they are not busy and feel obligated to talk right then and there.

Paul B

Sorte
Yup, I'm with Trish, Ashley and Julie on this one... LOL! I would rather email than talk on the phone (not that I have a problem with talking on the phone). It's just easier for me because I am at a computer all day at work and it is less urgent. The breeder/recipient can answer when they are not busy and feel obligated to talk right then and there.

*not feel obligated...

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
My phone number IS on my website. Honestly, I get many more emails than phone calls from kitten inquiries. I don't always answer my phone, especially before 4:00 pm, as I work a midnight shift most nights and am not much awake until later in the afternoon....I learned that the hard way, lol. I once answered the phone early in the afternoon, before my first pot of coffee, and honestly I can't remember what I said to that person asking me about my kittens....I know I never heard back from them ;/

I do prefer emails for initially learning about a possible kitten customer...then I have it in black and white, and can go back and reference it. I may not always remember everything I've said in a phone conversation....

All in all, I love to talk to people about my cats and Savannahs in general. I will answer the phone if I have the time, or return the call later. I did get one loony man call repeatedly that I started to get worried about...he asked all the right questions at first, then his calls progressed to, well, just crazy talk. I think he was just lonely, and spent much time on the computer...and after the 3rd erratic call from him, I just hung up. He hasn't called back. It IS a concern with having your phone number on your website. I may get a separate phone just for the Savannah calls...it's in my future plans.

M

MK Anderson

Okay, I can see your guys point! LOL!!! But I SUCK at emails, urggggg. But I also hate talking on the phone.....I guess if I just had ? to asks it harder for me through email than phone.
I'm not crazy, Trish, really!! LOL

Trish Allearz

Ha- you are the good kind of crazy! I always end up talking to my kitten owners (potential owners) on the phone, but not until after some extensive email chatting- unless, of course, I already know you. I have heard of a few real nutjobs and I'd rather handle them via email then deal with someone harassing me via my phone.

M

MK Anderson

Oh, I know Michelle Mills has had some really wacko bother her lately! really sucks, so I can see what you are talking about.