Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Cleaning Products

whitekickboxing

Savannah Super Cat
I am so glad this forum is here. I am quite worried about the cleaning products that I normally use. Lysol bowl cleaner for the toliet bowel, Pine Sol diluted to clean the kitchen and bathroom floors, shower wash for glass, ect. I know that if the toliet is left up by said men in the house she will go play in it and I also worry about kitty walking across the floor after I clean it then licking her paws. I have pretty much switched to water with SUPER diluted product, only and check the bathroom toliet all the time for closure! This is not really keeping the floors as clean as I would like...any suggestions on kitty safe products please?

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thanks - we're glad you're here. I use all of the organic type products for cleaning, but I'm sure others will have an opinion. we are also going to have a forum specifically on this topic. I will be adding it this weekend.

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
I am so glad this forum is here. I am quite worried about the cleaning products that I normally use. Lysol bowl cleaner for the toliet bowel, Pine Sol diluted to clean the kitchen and bathroom floors, shower wash for glass, ect. I know that if the toliet is left up by said men in the house she will go play in it and I also worry about kitty walking across the floor after I clean it then licking her paws. I have pretty much switched to water with SUPER diluted product, only and check the bathroom toliet all the time for closure! This is not really keeping the floors as clean as I would like...any suggestions on kitty safe products please?

I use a steamer on my floors. Gets them very clean, and no chemicals.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I use white vinegar in water to clean most things, including the toilet. I also use Fabuloso cleaner very diluted to wash my floors...it cleans well, and leaves a nice fresh smell and is a product I believe is safer to use around pets and children than most. I keep a few squirt bottles of both the vinegar and Fabuloso mixed with water for spot cleaning in the kitchen and bath.

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
I use the vinegar too or a couple drops of dish soap in a spray bottle. Hubby uses Method in our bathroom. What I need to know is what can I use on wood furniture, cabinets, to polish/condition them. We have lots of wood in our house and I've not treated any of it in so many years for fear of putting something on it that would hurt the cats. Any ideas anyone???

admin

Paige
Staff member
I use white vinegar in water to clean most things, including the toilet. I also use Fabuloso cleaner very diluted to wash my floors...it cleans well, and leaves a nice fresh smell and is a product I believe is safer to use around pets and children than most. I keep a few squirt bottles of both the vinegar and Fabuloso mixed with water for spot cleaning in the kitchen and bath.

Great suggestions, Pam...god for the Savannah-Proof forum too :)

admin

Paige
Staff member
I use the vinegar too or a couple drops of dish soap in a spray bottle. Hubby uses Method in our bathroom. What I need to know is what can I use on wood furniture, cabinets, to polish/condition them. We have lots of wood in our house and I've not treated any of it in so many years for fear of putting something on it that would hurt the cats. Any ideas anyone???

Arline, I don't have much wood, so can't help you there..I'm sure someone else will be able to answer.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I think Method makes some wood furniture cleaner, and Mrs. Meyer brand, and both are more environmently friendly than others.....and Method products smell so good! I do have their wood floor cleaner, although I mainly use the Fabulos/water mix on my wood floors.

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
I think Method makes some wood furniture cleaner, and Mrs. Meyer brand, and both are more environmently friendly than others.....and Method products smell so good! I do have their wood floor cleaner, although I mainly use the Fabulos/water mix on my wood floors.

I'll have to look for that in our stores Pamster! Thanks for the suggestion. You can see that the wood furniture we have is starting to look like it's drying out. It really needs some conditioning.