Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Cat Safe? Paper Towel Holder

Trishy

Site Supporter
I have just received my Innovia hands free paper towel dispensers. One counter top and one under-cabinet version. I haven't set up the under version but did set up the counter top one. Smooch sat watching me carefully as there were paper towels involved. I set it up, used it, and walked away. Smooch immediately jumped on the counter and went for the "eye" light. Paper towel came out and she jumped at least 2 feet in the air and has not yet returned to the counter. The towels give you about 3 seconds to rip off or they just zip back in. You can set the size of the paper towels to dispense. Each time you open the loading door it resets and dispenses about 2 paper towels worth. You take off the amount you need and it zips the rest back in. It then remembers the size you took until you reset it again. I use the pick-a-size types towels so I set it for the smaller half size.

To be continued after Smooch gets over it and tries again...

5188Zs7ir0L.jpg 7152gMAICdL__SL1500_.jpg

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Me too....anxiously awaiting updates. This could prove to be cat-proof or cat-entertainment.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Smooch immediately jumped on the counter and went for the "eye" light. Paper towel came out and she jumped at least 2 feet in the air and has not yet returned to the counter.
Hmmmmm. Somehow I sense this will eventually pose not only a challenge, but evolve into playtime..........:eek:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Hmmm, sounds like great entertainment for the cats - can't wait to see the pics!! :ROFLMAO:

Trishy

Site Supporter
Total success with the dispensers. Have not had a single paper towel incident.

Now if I could only find a similar TP dispenser. I had ordered a cover but I felt the edges were too sharp so never used it. Using 2 ssscat cans right now until I can come up with a better solution. Wondering if when I remodel in the spring I can recess the holder with a cover.

2015-12-31 19.46.29.jpg

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
Total success with the dispensers. Have not had a single paper towel incident.

Now if I could only find a similar TP dispenser. I had ordered a cover but I felt the edges were too sharp so never used it. Using 2 ssscat cans right now until I can come up with a better solution. Wondering if when I remodel in the spring I can recess the holder with a cover.

View attachment 19667
That's awesome news! I was just about to ask you how they were working out because I wanted to order one. (y)

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Now if I could only find a similar TP dispenser.
I store toilet paper in these in each bathroom next to the toilet and it also serves as the dispenser. toilet paper storage.jpg Holds 3 rolls and it isn't any bother to take the lid off to get to the paper. When I first got them, the cats knocked one over and the noise scared them enough that they never tried again. Made of stainless steel.

Trishy

Site Supporter
That's awesome news! I was just about to ask you how they were working out because I wanted to order one.

The under cabinet one could not be more perfect. The counter one is a bit large and you have to put the roll on a rod so it isn't as easy as just popping in a new roll like the other one but still does a fantastic job. I thought for sure the cats would be fascinated with the counter one but every time they accidentally set off the eye it either makes them jump or they ignore it. 3 seconds and the towels zip back in.

I store toilet paper in these in each bathroom next to the toilet and it also serves as the dispenser.

I have one of them too and mine leave it alone. Maybe having the convenience of the roller is something I will have to let go. :)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear that the towel dispensers work for you. I use a simple round tupperware type container for my TP - it has been Savannah-proof so far...