Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Broken whiskers?

D

Dantes

Hey all,

I was finally noticing the other day that Duma's whiskers were filling in nicely, and was getting ready for his close-ups. But today I noticed a few of them had broken off, so now he's got a bunch of half-inch whiskers again.

Is this a sign of something I've never heard of before? Or is he just getting into something he's not supposed to (and I haven't figured out what it is yet)?

M

MK Anderson

I would take him to the vet and talk to them. Does he have any other symptoms?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I can't remember if you have any other cats in your household, but some cats are notorious for chewing off the whiskers of their kitty buddies.

D

Dantes

I can't remember if you have any other cats in your household, but some cats are notorious for chewing off the whiskers of their kitty buddies.
Yes, but I hope this isn't true! :( Will keep my eyes peeled.

Also--the broken whiskers are kind of random, not like a bunch on one side or consecutive ones or anything.

Trish Allearz

I honestly would not worry about it... Honestly, honestly- I would not worry about it at all. The nakeds? They often had no whiskers at all! And the curly butt? His whiskers break and fall off more often then not. Some cats whiskers aren't as strong as others. Believe it or not- although people will tell ya cats will fall over without their whiskers- never seen it happen yet! LOL!

D

Dantes

I honestly would not worry about it... Honestly, honestly- I would not worry about it at all. The nakeds? They often had no whiskers at all! And the curly butt? His whiskers break and fall off more often then not. Some cats whiskers aren't as strong as others. Believe it or not- although people will tell ya cats will fall over without their whiskers- never seen it happen yet! LOL!
hehe I know he can live without whiskers, but I love the whisker look. Maybe it's just the place where they broke off but they look like thick ones, so now he's got these short stubby white things, the black ones don't seem to be as affected.

Ok, I figured out Nakeds from LJ's picture, but what's a curly butt? lol