Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Anything I should know?

Charley

Savannah Super Cat
Jengo is on his way to get neutered. I have never been through this process before, is there anything I should know for when he gets home? Any special care he needs after the surgery? *It's going to be hard to be away from him all day*

admin

Paige
Staff member
Usually just to keep him quiet, but no special surgical care I am aware of. Your vet should be able to tell you what Jengo's needs will be post-surgery. Good luck!!!

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
All my boys pretty much slept all day afterward, and then biz as usual the next day.

K

Kronos

He will come home like nothing happened :D I believe you just cannot let them lick the area excessively, and do not get the area wet for 7 days. Otherwise, good luck trying to keep him calm hehe.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Unless the neuter is more comettplicated (eg undescended testicle) it is relatively minor...the sedation may mean he's quieter and sleepy when you bring him home and of course you shouldn't encourage him to leap about...but he should recover pretty swiftly :)

Hard not to worry though, I always do...

Charley

Savannah Super Cat
He will come home like nothing happened :D I believe you just cannot let them lick the area excessively, and do not get the area wet for 7 days. Otherwise, good luck trying to keep him calm hehe.
LOL! It's going to be hard to keep him from licking the area as that seems to be one of his favorite things to do. It's got to be the cleanest part on him!

It's so hard not to worry but I should be hearing from the vet in a couple of hours :)

Wyldthingz

Savannah Super Cat
Jengo is on his way to get neutered. I have never been through this process before, is there anything I should know for when he gets home? Any special care he needs after the surgery? *It's going to be hard to be away from him all day*

I am glad to hear that you have not been though this process before!? LOL

Charley

Savannah Super Cat
I am glad to hear that you have not been though this process before!? LOL
LOL! I really could have worded that differently!

Jengo is home and he's fine. A little miffed at us but he's coming around. He's sniffing around the house to make sure it's still his. He was STARVING! I hope gets a little cuddlier soon - although I might not want to cuddle with the person who cost me my "manhood" either.

How do I get him to STOP licking that area? I try to reposition him but all he does is is yell and go back to what he was doing.