Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Another first!

Laura W

Savannah Super Cat
Echo decided it was time to join us for a few minutes tonight. He had jumped over the baby gate a few times for a few moments earlier in the day. Tonight, while we were watching t.v., he jumps the gate and walks to about a foot from me, sniffs towards us, looks around without a care in the world and heads to the formal dining room like it was completely normal thing to do. He has never approached us on his own.

He actually played with the wand toy today and Dolos, the Bengal, was in and out of his room most of the day day. Echo would hiss and Dolos would back off, but Echo didn't freak out like he usually does.

We have made more progress in the last few weeks than we have in 4 months.:)

J.B.

Savannah Super Cat
That is so exciting! You are such a patient and kind soul! Not many people would take all of the time and care you have taken with Echo, and i gobble your touching stories up every time you post. I'm so glad for your progress; you should add pictures ;)

admin

Paige
Staff member
That is wonderful, Laura! Echo seems to have come along way in the past few weeks - awesome!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Awwww, this makes me smile. Good work Laura, you're putting significant chinks in his armor and he's on his way to becoming the socialized kitty I'm pretty sure he was when he left the breeder.

Laura W

Savannah Super Cat
Awwww, this makes me smile. Good work Laura, you're putting significant chinks in his armor and he's on his way to becoming the socialized kitty I'm pretty sure he was when he left the breeder.
I think he was most maybe shy. Something has gone wrong in his life to make him so fearful. I did sent an email to Julia, but haven't heard back. Just wanted to let her know her kitty has a nice home with people who love him.

Last night, he jumped up on me while we were sleeping. Thankfully, no claws were out. :eek:

Trish Allearz

Echo decided it was time to join us for a few minutes tonight. He had jumped over the baby gate a few times for a few moments earlier in the day. Tonight, while we were watching t.v., he jumps the gate and walks to about a foot from me, sniffs towards us, looks around without a care in the world and heads to the formal dining room like it was completely normal thing to do. He has never approached us on his own.

He actually played with the wand toy today and Dolos, the Bengal, was in and out of his room most of the day day. Echo would hiss and Dolos would back off, but Echo didn't freak out like he usually does.

We have made more progress in the last few weeks than we have in 4 months.:)
That is wonderful news!

Paul B

Sorte
This is awesome! :) Forward progress is great. Soon enough he'll be walking around like he owns the house. I'm glad his fear is diminishing for you though.