Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

An Exciting Day.. Elsa Stayed Busy

Patti

Admin
Staff member
She is a very nice F3!
However, I stand by my previous statement - her weight may be fine now but she is a growing girl...
again, JMHO

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Fear? Whereas it's not in the breed standard, I'm comfortable saying SV kittens have no concept of fear.
As for weight, IMHO, let her eat. Look at the energy level. It is way up there, isn't it? If you think she is getting fat, then think about cutting back.
Let's hear it from the other F3 slaves. Are your F3 adults on the heavy side, or are they like most of the rest and tend to be lean and skinny.
My F3's are skinny and they can eat all they want to this day. I never restricted their food from the first day they came into the house.
Our cats are related. I'm willing to bet she will be quite lean, just like her nephews.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
She is a very nice F3!
However, I stand by my previous statement - her weight may be fine now but she is a growing girl...
again, JMHO

This week, I plan to up her food.... Right now she gets Dry Food all the time. I keep that full, and give her wet food once in the mornings and evenings. Right now she is on 3.5 ounces wet and unlimited dry daily.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Fear? Whereas it's not in the breed standard, I'm comfortable saying SV kittens have no concept of fear.
As for weight, IMHO, let her eat. Look at the energy level. It is way up there, isn't it? If you think she is getting fat, then think about cutting back.
Let's hear it from the other F3 slaves. Are your F3 adults on the heavy side, or are they like most of the rest and tend to be lean and skinny.
My F3's are skinny and they can eat all they want to this day. I never restricted their food from the first day they came into the house.
Our cats are related. I'm willing to bet she will be quite lean, just like her nephews.

It just seems that their paws are so small and frail, I try to slow her down... but as you have probably guess, that has not worked... Just a minute ago she fell off my desk, landed on her front paws and when she did she was picking each on up and shacking it off... I know it hurt, but wanted to make sure she did not hit nothing sharp... All checked out, and that did not slow her down more than a 1/2 a second or so... I don't really restrict her food, because she has dry available all day... I have just been regulating the wet.