Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Am I My Savannah's Pillow?

sacred

Savannah Super Cat
Zahra is really getting big!

Nearly 10 months and just at 11 lbs we're curious to see how big she'll ultimately be. She still looks kittenish in many ways. It's an odd thing, as sometimes she looks rather small and sometimes she looks rather large. It all just depends on how stretched out she is in a given moment. I think she might grow another inch or two as well, but we'll see.

Huge shout out to Sandy and Mike and Halestone for doing such a great job socializing her. We're SO lucky to have her.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Sacred - In February, Rafiki was 1 year old and weighed in at 10 lbs 4 oz. She just had a growth spurt again last month and when we saw the vet at 1 year and 4 months, she weighed in at 11 lbs 14 oz. She is an F3 (but same dad as Zahra). I would say that Zahra definitely has quite a bit more growth ahead of her!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Sacred - In February, Rafiki was 1 year old and weighed in at 10 lbs 4 oz. She just had a growth spurt again last month and when we saw the vet at 1 year and 4 months, she weighed in at 11 lbs 14 oz. She is an F3 (but same dad as Zahra). I would say that Zahra definitely has quite a bit more growth ahead of her!

She is moving right along... Wonder what her final weight will be?

sacred

Savannah Super Cat

Post some pics of Rafiki and video if you have it. Would love to see Zahra's half sibling.

ZOMG we should setup a play date!

--

EDIT: I just became the kind of guy who tries to setup internet playdates for a cat that doesn't live with him 75% of the time. I used to be so cool ... LOL.

ZahrasHuman

Savannah Super Cat
Honest to goodness we hit the Savannah Cat jackpot. She is only affectionate on her terms - but her terms are pretty good as far as Savannahs go. About 40% of the time she will slink her belly to the ground if you try to pet her and 60% of the time she'll accept affection. She is her most affectionate at night when it's time for bed always having to touch a human. When ZahrasHuman (her owner) comes home from work Zahra always jumps into her favorite chair and does a spin with a loud meow as a greeting.

Typically, the more active Zahra's mood the less she likes affection with the inverse also being true.
I would say her percentage of wanting to be pet is even higher more like 85% of the time she responds positively. That is if you are on her home turf. She spends most of her time with me in Chicago and she considers my apartment her territory. She is definitely even more affectionate there because she is 100% comfortable. With the traveling to LA and the slightly different surroundings she gets a little "slinkier" just because she is a little thrown off. Sacred definitely noticed how much more confident and therefore affectionate she was in Chicago when he came to visit. She likes having mom and dad both "home." She is a very affectionate and confident cat in both locations, but she is definitely even more loving on her own turf.... Such a cat:p

ZahrasHuman

Savannah Super Cat
Of
I would say her percentage of wanting to be pet is even higher more like 85% of the time she responds positively. That is if you are on her home turf. She spends most of her time with me in Chicago and she considers my apartment her territory. She is definitely even more affectionate there because she is 100% comfortable. With the traveling to LA and the slightly different surroundings she gets a little "slinkier" just because she is a little thrown off. Sacred definitely noticed how much more confident and therefore affectionate she was in Chicago when he came to visit. She likes having mom and dad both "home." She is a very affectionate and confident cat in both locations, but she is definitely even more loving on her own turf.... Such a cat:p
Of course this happened on our last visit to LA and she loved it :big grin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 13